ok, the ugly word franchise pops into my head. Will there be a d10 and 11, or maybe d9 – Christopher Returns? The end of the story certainly hints at a few possibilities.
Here are a few fragments towards my pitch for a sequel. 😉
- It is some years after the aliens were relocated to District10. Wikus is amongst them.
- Unsurprisingly, District10 has deteriorated into yet another District9 – a squalid sociological disaster zone.
- Sentiment towards the aliens has worsened further. The state begins fiddling with the constitution – an amendment that returns the death penalty – but only for aliens. Soon any found outside the District10 perimeter are shot on sight.
- This doesn’t help at all. Conditions in District10 are desparate. Thousands keep escaping everyday.
- One thing leads to another. A selective virus (termed D13) is actually developed and let loose on the alien population in District10.
- Many die, but the virus soon mutates into something harmless.
- To the remaining aliens that is.
- Humans however, once infected with this new strain, (D13+, also commonly referred to as “die vokken bliksem“) begin to succumb in masses.
- Then the observation is made that interspecies prostitutes plying their trade in District10 are all immune to D13+…
- …from which everyone quickly concludes that immunity is conferred on anyone who has carnal relations with an alien.
- Interesting sexual politics. In a remarkable turnabout, the remaining aliens suddenly find themselves much in demand.
- Interspecies fornication is however illegal. Our beloved president in particular has strong views on this. The state has dug up and reinstituted the almost forgotten Immorality Act.
- To enforce the law there is ViceSquad 2.0, and Tertius is one of its officers.
- Wikus meanwhile yearns to be reunited with Tania.
Ok everyone, help me along a little here, let’s see where – if anywhere – it goes.